On behalf of all of the staff and students, I am very proud to welcome you to our school community. Our entire staff has a strong commitment to student achievement, and I consider myself fortunate to be the school principal of an outstanding group of professionals.
The Kroonstad Academy aims to provide a supportive community within a happy environment, where everyone is motivated and challenged to achieve their potential. We believe that our emphasis on quality and high standards, in both work and behavior, will provide our children with a positive attitude for life and a firm foundation on which to base their future learning.
To operate a school for the benefit and advantage of the community named KROONSTAD ACADEMY.
The school shall be focused to provide an education to all boys and girls.
- To deliver tutoring of exceptional quality to all boys and girls.
- To academically enable students to enter any tertiary institute, locally and internationally, after successful completion of Grade 12.
- To develop competent personnel to become optimal experts in the service of education.
- To establish competent facilities in order to maintain a high standard of academic and technological skills, supported by cultural and sporting activities.
- To nurture in pupils a sense of pride in their own, while considering the rich variety of cultures and the realization that interaction with other cultures can only be enriching.
- To educate the child in his or her totality for the future.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE?
Kroonstad Academy is the only Cambridge private school in Kroonstad and one of only two in the Free State. It was founded when parents took the initiative in reaction to the changing educational environment in the country.
It offers the complete spectrum of education – from Grade 000 to matric with a maximum of 25 students per class. Didactics and methodics are adapted to be in line with the modern multi-cultural society and no stereotyped systems which suppress individualism are tolerated.
The Cambridge syllabus for high school students provides access to national and international tertiary institutions with a strong emphasis on work ethics which highlights students’ responsibility to themselves and to their society.
The Kroonstad Academy provides optimal development in a peaceful yet disciplined milieu with emphasis on Christian principles. Balance between academic, cultural, sporting and societal activities is of great importance to us.
All appointments are made by the management in collaboration with the headmaster and parents are regards as clients.
TEACHERS AND STAFF
- Me Greta Wessels - Principal
- Me Charisma Nelson - Pre-Primary Teacher
- Me Marna Wait - Pre-Primary Teacher
- Me Derona Jv Rensburg - Pre-Primary Teacher
- Me Menanteau du Plessis - Junior Primary Teacher
- Me Micarla Boucher - Junior Primary Teacher
- Me Michelle Swart - Junior Primary Teacher
- Me Nikita Nunes - Primary and High School Teacher
- Me Ireen Jv Rensburg - Senior Primary Teacher
- Me Bettie Steyn - High School Teacher
- Mr David Lebone - Senior Primary and High School Teacher
- Mr Johan Erasmus - High School Teacher
- Mr Ignus Gresse - High School Teacher
- Me Lorraine Snyman - High School Teacher
- Me Seki Maelangoe - Primary and High School Teacher
- Me Chrisilla Swanepoel - Senior Primary and High School Teacher
- Mr Roux Wessels - Senior Primary and High School Teacher
- Me Fleur de Wet - Senior Primary and High School Teacher
- Me Louise Fouche - Administration
- Me Aletta Lekoana - Pre-Primary Assistant
- Me Sylvia Oliphant - Junior Primary Assistant
- Me Bettie Monatisa - Pre-Primary Assistant
- Me Masabata Shale - Pre-Primary Assistant
- Mr Fonkie Makale - Supporting Staff
- Mr Johannes Mahlatsi - Supporting Staff
- Mr Josephine Motingoe - Supporting Staff